Over 25 Years of Experience
SPR Associates Inc., a full-service research and consulting firm, has
been conducting public policy research,
surveys, reviews and evaluations -- for more than 25 years. SPR has conducted many
major national and provincial management reviews, national policy studies and
evaluations in both official languages, and has obtained an outstanding
reputation for objectivity and the ability to deal with sensitive
Studies that Make a Difference: Many of SPRís studies have been linked to
leading-edge changes in public policy, legislative and program
changes, program expansions (acquiring additional program and delivery
resources) and program consolidations (streamlining programs). For example:
- SPR's study regarding the renewal of Ontario's Recreation-Nature Trails Strategy
was complemented by the introduction of Bill 100 - the
Supporting Ontario's Trails Act, 2015 in the Ontario Legislature on May 12, 2015.
- Shortly after SPR's 2013-2014 Review of the National Voluntary Standard on Psychologically Healthy Workplaces, the 14 Ministers of Labour
announced that, in the near future, they will be modifying their Labour Codes to fully take into account psychological health & safety in
- As a result of SPR's 2012-13 review of Attractions Ontario's Summer Coupon and Passport Program, Attractions Ontario has experienced
dramatic increases in reach to tourists and revenue.
- SPR's 2007-2009 Evaluation of the Shelter Enhancement Program (SEP) aided a decision by the Government of Canada to commit
$100 million to the construction, acquisition and repair of Canada's shelters for women experiencing family violence.
- SPR's 2006 review of the South Asian Legal Clinic of Ontario (SALCO), led to permanent funding for this legal aid clinic
by the Government of Ontario.
- SPR's research on work and family life provided important input to the
background research for Canada's introduction of new Parental Leave Benefits
in December 2000.
- SPR's review of youth exchanges played an important role in the
emergence of Exchanges Canada, aiding the fulfillment of a Speech-from-the-Throne Commitment.
- SPR's studies of occupational health and safety in Ontario led to
major changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Act in 1990 and the introduction of
Canada's largest program in occupational health and safety training (with over
300,000 trainees certified since 1994).