Dr. Morley Gunderson
Senior Consultant on Employment and Labour Markets
As one of Canada's leading labour economists, Dr. Gunderson provides a wealth of expertise on employment and related issues.
As Professor, Centre for Industrial Relations and Human Resources and the Department of Economics, University of Toronto, his specialties
include labour economics, industrial relations, labour-business partnerships, income distribution and poverty. He also holds the CIBC Chair
in Youth Employment and is the 2015 winner of the Carolyn Tuohy Impact on Public Policy Award at the University of Toronto.
SPR projects which Dr. Gunderson has participated in since 1995 include:
Some of Dr. Gunderson's research dealing with employment and labour market issues includes: "Canadian Post-Secondary
Education Graduates Over the Last 20 Years: Analysis with the National Graduates Survey," Ottawa: Human Resources Development Canada;
"Review of Canadian and International Literature on Apprenticeships," Ottawa: Human Resources and Skills Development Canada; "The
Changing Nature of Work and the Impact of Labour Mobility of Regulated Professionals in Canada," Ottawa: Labour Mobility Division,
Skills and Employment Branch, HRSDC; "Challenges to Labour Market Participation of Persons with Disabilities," Ottawa: Human Resources
Development Canada; "Labour Market Information: Economic Perspectives," Ottawa: Human Resources Development Canada; "Challenges Facing
Youths in the Labour Market," Ottawa: Human Resources Development Canada; "Workplace Productivity Issues," Ottawa: Human Resources
Development Canada; and "Upskilling in the Canadian Workforce: Investments in Workplace Training," Ottawa: Human Resources Development Canada.
- Study of Truck Parking, Public Safety and OHS Impacts (2018-2019);
- On-line Surveys and Learning Exchange Workshops (2011-2012);
- Study of Post-Retirement Paid Employment in the Non-Profit Sector (2009-2010);
- Study of Labour Market Information (2006-2007);
- Evaluation of the Sector Council Program (2005-2006);
- Evaluation of the JobsNow Pilot Project for Ontario Works (2005-2007);
- Evaluation of the Labour-Management Partnerships Program (2002-2003); and
- Evaluation of the Special Measures Initiatives Employment Equity Program (1998).