Dr. Patricia Streich
Senior Evaluation Consultant
Dr. Streich has been involved in public policy and evaluation research for more than 25 years, having conducted
evaluations of major Federal social housing programs such as the Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP);
Co-operative Housing Program; Urban Social Housing Program; and Non-Profit, Rent Supplement and Urban Native Housing Programs.
Several of her Federal evaluations have addressed specific issues in family violence, such as Evaluation of Project Haven; and
Evaluation of the Next Step Program. She has extensive experience collaborating
with inter-departmental committees and other Federal departments on Reports to Parliament regarding the Family Violence Initiative (FVI)
and has worked with Statistics Canada to enhance data related to family violence in Canada. Dr. Streich is an accredited evaluator with The Canadian Evaluation Society.
Dr. Streich has worked with SPR for more than 20 years. Some of her recent SPR projects include:
For more than 20 years, Dr. Streich was responsible for planning and managing a number of CMHC evaluations (Canada Mortgage
Bonds Program; Homeownership Education Training Pilot Program (HETP); and Assisted Homeownership Program (AHOP)).
She has also conducted several studies of reverse mortgage annuity plans such as: A Feasibility Study of the
Market for Reverse Mortgages and Home Annuity Plans; and A Pilot Study of Lender Attitudes to Reverse Mortgages.
- Consultations with CMHC Housing Partners (2019);
- Study of Inclusive Housing in Canada (2019);
- Assessment of Financing Models for Shared Equity Housing in Canada (2017);
- Approaches to Applying a Gender-Based Lens to Affordable Housing (2017);
Evaluation of the Survivors of Domestic Violence Portable Housing Benefit (Pilot) (2016);
- Understanding How the Canadian Housing System Facilitates Rental and Owner-Occupied Housing (2016-2017);
- Examination of International Housing Policies & Initiatives that Support Homeownership and Movement Along the Housing Continuum (2016);
- Assessment of Income-Mix Models that Better Support the Viability of Affordable Housing (2015);
- Review of Shared Equity Housing Finance Models in Canada and the US (2015);
- Assessing the Outcomes for Habitat for Humanity Homebuyers in Canada (2013);
- Evaluation of the Ontario Victim/Witness Assistance Program (V/WAP) (2010-2011);
- Study of Redevelopment-Regeneration of Social & Affordable Housing in Canada (2010-2011);
- 2007-2009 Evaluation of the Shelter Enhancement Program - Highlights Report (2010).